Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

The Russian Imperial Stout is going to the Bourbon Barrel

I moved the Russian Imperial Stout to the secondary carboy.  It had a final gravity of 1.018, which is slightly low.  The BJCP states that the low end of the Final Gravity is 1.018, but others are saying 1.020.  So, I'm going with the BJCP.

I took a small sample to taste.  It was very good.  Today is the Forest City Brewers meeting and I plan to take the beer in the carboy to the meeting and give it to my friend who owns the bourbon barrel.  This beer will have no issues passing the strict quality tests they are doing to everyone's beer that will potentially go into the bourbon barrel.  I can't wait to taste it after it ages!

Visit my site at www.beerandwineathome.com

Patrick

No comments:

Post a Comment